Our 7 Day Movement Challenge
7 DAY MOVEMENT CHALLENGE
Jumping into the new year with unachievable fitness and health goals is a surefire way to quickly throw in the towel. So let’s start lighter-touch with more approachable goals and build off of that momentum for the rest of the year.
A 7 day fitness challenge is a short term commitment that will help get you back into a longer term fitness and wellness routine. No need to jump in at full speed, just set aside 30 minutes each day for a week and you’ll start to feel the benefits of a full body endorphin-boost.
This challenge brings your workout back to the basics - using resources you have anywhere you may be, so there’s no excuses to skip a day. You’ll alternate low impact walks for body movement with higher impact bodyweight workouts to get your heart rate up and keep your body burning calories throughout the day.
Forewarning - mass burpees ahead. We know - they’re painful, but they’re also challenging so just do what you can. Burpees are a great compound move to work every major muscle group, challenge your cardiovascular endurance, and improve your mobility, posture and balance.
Luckily, there are many different types of burpees you can try based on your fitness level. So find the variation that works for you , and try pushing yourself to do more challenging variations throughout the week.
- DAY 1 - 30 minute brisk walk
- DAY 2 - 25 squats, 25 lunges, 25 burpees, 25 push ups, 25 jumping jacks, repeat circuit x2
- DAY 3 - 30 minute brisk walk
- DAY 4 - 25 squats, 25 lunges, 25 burpees, 25 push ups, 25 jumping jacks, repeat circuit x3
- DAY 5 - 12 minute full body stretch, try this one here
- DAY 6 - 25 squats, 25 lunges, 25 burpees, 25 push ups, 25 jumping jacks, repeat circuit x4
- DAY 7 - 30 minute brisk walk + full body stretch, try this one here
Congrats - you’ve reached the end of your 7 day challenge. Now is a great time to incorporate our Recovery Tincture to help your body heal as well as the Pain Relief Balm or Cream which is great for your sore muscles (we promise, they should be sore).